Deep Tissue concentrates on the deep layers of muscle and fascia in the body. Deep Tissue Massage uses slow,
firm strokes and deep finger pressure to release the fibres of tensed muscles and toxins to improve circulation.
It is a popular choice for men and women who suffer aches and pains.
If you have muscular aches and pains or stiffness that requires specific treatment then we highly recommend
our Deep Tissue Massage. Deep tissue massage usually focuses on a specific problem,
such as chronic muscle pain, injury rehabilitation, and the following conditions:
Swedish massage therapy is the modality that comes to mind when most people think about massage. As the best-known type of bodywork performed today, one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body. This is accomplished by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. But Swedish massage therapy goes beyond relaxation. Swedish massage is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
Massage is used by people for a variety of reasons. Some use it to simply relax and unwind, while others have regular massage to help them manage or cope with specific physical, mental or emotional problems. Many aspiring and professional athletes have massage before and after training and competing, in order to stay in optimum condition and aid recovery.
Massage involves working the soft tissue of the body, to ease day-to-day stresses and muscular tension, and promote relaxation. It helps to increase delivery of blood and oxygen to the treated areas and can also be used in support of other therapies to assist in the rehabilitation of muscular injuries
Relaxation massage is all about relaxing. It focuses on giving the client time to recover from the stresses of daily life. When you experience relaxation massage, you can expect a treatment that involves:
- Long smooth gliding strokes that are rhythmic and flowing
- Pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful
- A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax you, not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying ailments
- A therapist who also takes the massage environment into account – look for soothing music, warm luxurious towels, and occasionally the use of essential oils to enhance both the environment and the effects of the massage.
Benefits to have Relaxation Massage:
As with any kind of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Relaxation massage – like other forms of massage - can offer the following benefits:
- Lowering blood pressure - at least for a while
- Improvements to peripheral circulation
- Improvements to skin tone and appearance
- Improvements to gastrointestinal motility (bowel movements will become more regular)
- Some reduction in muscle tension including the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Improvements to any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a gentle boost to the immune system if you undergo regular treatments.
DERMALOGICA - FACIAL TREATMENT